How to Get Started with STUNT
Watch a Game
Create a Coaches Resource Binder
Make copies of below information and organize in a binder with tabs. Once the season gets started you can add your 8-count sheets to this as well. The links below are to the 2018 Season information. 2019 Season information will be posted shortly!
- Current Coaches Training PowerPoint
- Current Rulebook
- Current Hosting Packet
Meet With Your Athletic Director
Setup a meeting with your Athletic Director to discuss the possibilities of bringing STUNT to your school. Bring a copy of the Administrator Guide with you. Have your Athletic Director reach out to teams in your league and surrounding leagues to see who is participating.
- Explain what STUNT is and show the “What is STUNT?” Video
- If implementing STUNT correctly, the sport is Title IX compliant
- STUNT is designed to be a Spring sport
- Fees associated with the sport (uniform, mats, registration, and officials fees)
- Number of people to field a team (number varies based on level of play and state)
Set Up Informational Meeting with Prospective Athletes
- Explain what STUNT is and show the Promo Video
- Explain the need for team support to make this program successful
- Volunteers to work games (ticket sales, snack shack, scoreboard, announcer, film, stats, setup, etc.)
- Give the season of the sport and timeline (tryouts, practices, game schedule, tournaments, etc.)
- Cover fees associated with the sport
Register Your Team
Make sure to register your team so that you receive the music, 8-count sheets, and videos. To register your team, please visit STUNT Registration (link coming soon for 2019 registration).
Check with your Athletic Director if there is a certain structure that you must follow or policies that are in place.
Set Your Schedule
Work with your Athletic Director to set your league schedule and any pre-season, scrimmages or tournaments.
Begin Practices and Games
Please view our New Coach Guidebook to get tips on how to setup your season as a coach and get tips in running effective practices.