How to Start a STUNT Team!
If your school is interested in playing STUNT, complete this interest form first! We will let you know as soon as registration becomes available.
Now proceed to step 2 to learn more about STUNT!
Learn about the game of STUNT!
Once you have decided to add a STUNT program, you will need to make an official announcement on your Athletic Department website. We will promote using your press release across all of our social media platforms.
Hiring the right coach is essential to getting your program off to a great start! USA Cheer and STUNT staff can provide you with questions to help guide you through the interview process.
The new coach will recruit athletes from all different backgrounds including high school STUNT athletes, cheerleaders, gymnasts, weightlifters, etc. Social media, USA Cheer College Combines, and connecting with high school coaches are all great tools to help build your roster.
Once you’re ready to play, get your team membership (Team Memberships are $199) at usacheer.org so you can receive the licensed music, 8-count sheets, and routine videos.
In addition to STUNT-specific training, coaches should be up to date on any state, local, or institutional required certifications and should seek out additional professional development courses. USA Cheer offers a STUNT Coach Membership that includes many of these additional training courses at no added cost.
- If you are interested in hosting games/tournaments, contact the Regional Director with your available dates.
- Coaches should be diligent in contacting all teams in their division to schedule necessary games in order to ensure they are meeting division requirements to be eligible for championships. Any additional teams outside of a team’s conference or division should be contacted as well.
- Contact the host team for tournament availability and to confirm your team’s attendance. Communicate any necessary scheduling requests and conference match-up needs to the host.
- Set up a Coaches Resource Binder to include the following resources, available on the Resource page:
- New Coaches Guidebook
- STUNT Rulebook
- Hosting Packet
- STUNT Training
- 8-count Sheets
- Stat Sheets
- Watch the material videos and review the 8 count sheets
- Have a team meeting and go over the rules of the game and watch clips of a live game.
- Assign roles to athletes to learn counts
- Work skills and routines
- As you approach your first game, start to do mock games at practice so the athletes can get familiar with the flow of a game